Monday, December 31, 2012
Christmas Part Two
We enjoyed our yearly tradition of Hot Chocolate and smores on Christmas Eve. This year "It's a Wonderful Life" was a TV and so we ate our smores and drank our hot chocolate while watching the movie. I was surprised to see that the kids really enjoyed watching the movie.
Grant and I were up late on Christmas Eve again, but this year we weren't busy wrapping presents. Instead Grant was busily finishing up my present this year and I was struggling to stay awake waiting for him. While he busily worked away in the garage I played Santa Clause and laid out the treasures to be found by the kids in the morning. We were finally able to go to bed about 1:00 in the morning. I am so glad that our kids slept in. Once we heard the patter of little feet we dragged our tired selves out of bed to partake of their excitement. Santa delivered this year by bringing everyone their desired Lego set, this alone brought lots of cheers. We dont' have a real order to opening presents, except for one at a time. It is always fun watching the kids tear through the paper and to see their excitement in seeing what they got. All in all it was a successful Christmas. After all the presents were opened it was time to assemble those Lego sets from Santa. Anthony can build those things on his own, but Madeline and Spencer still need help. Grant helped Spencer and I helped Madeline. Their attention span only last so long, so in the end it was Grant and I finishing up with the building. Madeline must have charmed Santa into bringing her the Lego friends Dollhouse. Santa was so charmed by her beauty that he didn't think about how many pieces or steps there were to building the dollhouse. That is okay because I found it rather enjoyable putting the dollhouse and the camper together. Luckily for me, Madeline doesn't like to take her things apart and if it does Anthony can put it back together.
After our Lego creations were put together we decided it was a good time to eat. Since it was too late to call it breakfast we decided to call our meal brunch. We made green pancakes and cut them into Christmas trees. We then used Hershey chocolate squares for the trunks of the trees and then had various sprinkles, candies, and whip cream for the kids to decorate their tree. It went great with eggs and sausage.
Sometime in the afternoon it started to snow and the kids were excited to go out and enjoy it. So we scrounged around the house for winter gear that would work and where there wasn't any we improvised and out the kids went with Grant to play in the wintry wonderland. I stayed inside and took pictures. With snow and a gusty north wind blowing it was little too cold for this Texas girl. After the kids were frozen over they came in and warmed up with hot chocolate.
The rest of Christmas was spent playing with our toys and enjoying for once a simple and slow paced day. It was nice not have to be anywhere or to have to get ready for company coming over. It was nice to spend the day together. I enjoyed relaxing in my new pajama pants from the kids as well as playing with them. Occasionally we would pick up some trash in between our playing. That night some of us enjoyed a hot bowl of chili while others thought chili was not appetizing. We ended the day watching a couple of Mormon Tabernacle Christmas programs on PBS. Christmas this year as it is every year was simply GREAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment