Sunday, June 27, 2010

Toy Story 3


Well we are still in full throttle for summer activities and in trying to do things with the kids that they normally do not get to do and to accomodate the heat I thought going to the movie theatre would be a fun treat. In looking at the prices for tickets I realized that it would cost 50.00 for our family to go to the theatre. Well I don't know about you, but there is a lot I can think of doing for 50.00 then going to watch a movie. Then a light bulb went off and I realized that Grant gets discount tickets at work for the movie theatre, well with his discount it wasn't so bad, so off to go see Toy Story 3. When we went to redeem our vouchers for tickets we told the lady that we wanted the 8:00 show, in which to told us that there wasn't an 8:00 show. Grant tried telling her that online it said they had an 8:00 show and but she just told us that times on line are not always correct. She did tell us that there was a 7:30 showing so we took it, after we had our tickets we saw that she gave the 3-D showing. The ticket lady was looking at the 3-D schedule and not the regular theatre schedule. Grant was not about to stay there in line any longer arguing with the ticket lady so he gladly took the tickets. So we got an extra bonus of seeing Toy Story 3 in 3-D for a major discounted price.

The kids enjoyed the movie and were entertained and Spencer did good as long as he had is popcorn and drink. Madeline and Anthony wore their glasses the whole time which surprised me. I on the other thought the glasses were annoying and after a bit my head started to hurt from having to see through them, but with out them the screen was a big blur so I was stuck wearing them. 3-D movies are neat, but they fall in the category of once is enough.

1 comment:

Lois said...

That's awesome you got to see it in 3-D for such a great price!! We took Reed to see it too (though not in 3-D) and he loved it!