Sunday, February 6, 2011

Five plus Two Equals Seven


Before

On Christmas Eve our family grew by two and no I didn't have twins. Grant's parents moved in for the Winter. Grant's parents were living in Florida taking care of Grandma Smith, after five years of taking such great care of her, Grandma Smith passed away a few weeks before Christmas. When we received word, we got ready for their arrival which included building a cement pad on the side of our house for the motor home and converting our garage into an office so his parents could have our fourth bedroom. For a few weeks our home was full of buzz as we worked on getting everything ready. The kids were excited for Grandma and Grandpa coming! We would not have been able to do all that we did without the help of my brother-in-law Richard who by himself took half of our garage and made it into an office. Everyday he would come over before work, on his days off, and on the weekends. It was a true testament of how when family comes together great things can happen. We were not quite finished when Grant's parents arrived, and we learned that the original length of the cement pad was not long enough. Luckily the cement company was available to come and fix that problem and Grant's parents were able to stay at a nearby campground.

After a month of working, the office and bedroom were finally complete and I don't think there was anyone more relieved than Grant and Richard. It was nice to be able to clean up from sheetrock and texture dust and to be able to put the house back together. The office looks amazing and you wouldn't even know that it was once a garage. It is weird to think that as I sit at the computer or watch TV, that not too long ago my car was park that very spot. The only downside was the we under estimated how much things would cost, but it looks amazing and very professionally done.

After

2 comments:

Richard and Katie said...

Ha ha...I like the twins idea (just kidding). It turned out great! I love the picture wall where you can hang the kids artwork. One day I think I am going to do something like that.

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Wow! Looks awesome! :)