Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cyber Chase


It was near the end of summer and I was trying to figure out what activities to do that would interest all the kids and more important was inside. The problem with growing up here is we have done most of the museums and with that comes a lack of interest in seeing the same things over and over. I was lucky to find a new museum near the airport that had a Cyber Chase exhibit. My kids love Cyber Chase so they were excited to learn of our adventure. The museum was done by the American Airlines and was basically a history of the company. They had different airplane parts on display and had an old airplane that we were able to walk through and explore. They even had a volunteer at a flight simulator to help the kids fly their own plane. The volunteer kept things pretty controlled so the kids didn't have a chance to crash their plane. This didn't sit well with Spencer, for Spencer wanted to crash his plane in the water and he didn't understand why the volunteer wouldn't let him. I thought the same thing, if the kids want to crash their plane then let them crash their plane. There are times that crashing brings excitement to kids; I don't understand why but it does. We spent most of our time in the Cyber Chase exhibit and then when that started to fill up with kids we went and explored the rest of the museum. The one thing I remember is seeing Madeline next to a tire from an airplane and to see the tire taller than her, I know that doesn't say much but she looked like a speck up against that tire. The kids want to go back to the museum and explore it again but this time they want to bring their dad.

No comments: