Thursday, September 8, 2011

I Scream We All Scream for Ice Cream


To carry on with my creative and imaginative ways to make the miserably hot summer weather exciting and fun, I decided as a family that we would visit a different ice cream place every day. A lot of the ice cream stores have dollar nights so that helped out a lot. The kids were totally on board and at times I felt like visiting ice cream stores was the best thing that ever happened to them. So every night after dinner off we went to a new and different ice cream place. I noticed that Anthony pretty much was consistent in his ice cream selection no matter what place we went too. Spencer was all about color and that is how he chose his ice cream; flavor for him came in second it was the color that mattered the most. Madeline at times got creative in her ice cream selection but she mostly played it safe. As a side note, Madeline was excited to go ice cream hoping but what is ironic is she doesn't like ice cream. Madeline would take her couple of bites and then pass her ice cream off to Anthony. One would think I would just let her share with someone, but I have learned there is great importance in holding and having your own ice cream, even if it is only for a couple of bites. The one in our family that was the most adventurous with the ice cream, was Grant but that isn't a surprise. I went for the ice creams that had chocolate and peanut butter combined how could you go wrong with that. Ice cream hoping was fun and it allowed the kids to look forward to something that day. I believe the highlight for the day was when I revealed which ice cream we would visit. We will definitely keep this in mind for next year, it might become a new tradition; but I hope we can do it under better temperatures.

No comments: