Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fry an Egg


This Summer has been one for the record books. I would like to think it was one for the incredible fun things that we did, but the record goes to the heat. Texas is already known for how hot it is in the Summer time, but this year was beyond hot it was just plain miserable. You got all your outside stuff done by 8:00 or else you would just melt in the heat. Lucky for us the heat wave came after our two week long vacation and so the kids were more than willing to stay inside and happily play. One has to get pretty imaginative on what to do when such heat presents itself. I thought it would be fun to fry an egg on my car. I picked a day where the temperature was suppose to be 110 degrees and then let the pan sit outside all day and then at the heat of the day I braved the temperatures to fry my egg. Taking my cues from Mr. Genius I set out for my adventure. I didn't really ever managed to fry the egg, but I did scramble it. Don't worry I didn't eat the egg, I don't trust mother nature that much. It was fun and it made one miserably hot afternoon a little more exciting.

No comments: