Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Boys Weekend


Every fall Anthony cub scout pack goes on a campout, the families are welcome to come along as well but we usually just have Anthony and Grant go. This year I asked Grant if he wanted to take Spencer along. I knew Spencer would love it because he loves being outside and he loves camping. I then had the brillant idea that while the boys are away playing that the girls will play too, but we would do it hotel style. The first night (Friday) went well because everyone was on their own as the families arrived at different times. On Saturday is when they have their activities from sun up to sun down, and well Spencer didn't agree with their schedule. I got little reports from Grant throughout the day and the reports boiled down to the fact that Spencer wanted to go home. Grant presevered and was able to push Spencer along and find ways to include him in the cub scout fun and when everything wasn't working Grant let Spencer play in his car until Spencer fell asleep-Heaven. The rest of the pack stayed through Saturday, but we usually pack up and leave when it is lights out on Saturday, and when they got home I saw three tired boys. Next year, Spencer will stay with Madeline and I; we will try cubscout camping with Spencer when he is a scout himself maybe then he will like it.

PS: Spencer from time to time will still tell you that he doesn't want to go camping with the cubscouts and that he is all done camping

No comments: