Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Girls Weekend


While the boys were away at camping with the cubscouts, Madeline and I checked into a hotel for a little girls' weekend fun. Madeline had been sick with a cold that triggered her asthma all week long and there were a couple of times that I thought I was going to have to take her to the hospital; but luckily we didn't. I decided that I can take all her equipment with me so we could be miserable at home or be miserable at the hotel and so since we have been miserable at home all week long I decided to give the hotel a try. I am so glad that we did. Madeline had the time of her life, it was so rewarding to see her smile back after being sick for a week. We enjoyed happy hour in the lobby, a shopping trip to build a bear for some build a bear goodness, yummy dinner from panda express, and a trip down stairs for some hot chocolate before bed. In the morning we enjoyed a breakfast fit for a princess and then we lounge him bed playing with our build a bear loot and watching a movie on our portable DVD player. The "marshemellow" beds were divine and you know what was even better? No boys. Madeline was giddy with excitement. Our girls weekend lifted her spirits which was nice after being sick for a week. On our way home we did a little girl shopping and that evening we enjoyed some yummy broccoli and cheddar soup from Panera bread, and while waiting for the boys to come home we cuddle up to a fun Dora movie. Madeline said it was the best weekend and I have to agree, it simply was the best.

PS: There were a lot more pictures but for some reason they cannot be uploaded

No comments: