Wednesday, October 26, 2011

An Overdue Update


Wow life for us here has seem to fly by. With everything going on the weeks seem to go by in a blur and the weekends are never long enough. Lately there is something going on every night as a family; I sure cannot wait for summer when everything seems to slow down, at least I hope it will. We sure have been busy with work, school, homework, piano, and running a household. I am happy to say we have not been busy with doctor or hospital visits. We did hit our first major asthma attack but did not have to go to the hospital, just missed a week of school. The cold has made it rounds through the house and we all agreed that we did not like it so hopefully "Mr. Cold" got the memo and will not come back for a visit. I have been adjusting to my new way of life, I am still waiting for me to come above the water so I can figure things out and put together a plan that will help to prevent me from drowning. I haven't come out of the water, but I am not drowning just floating along. This year Madeline has really needed me a lot at school for emotional reasons. After I drop Spencer off at school, I go up and join Madeline for lunch and then recess. This has helped her make it through the day. Since I have started doing this a couple of months ago she has stayed in school more. I know I am doing the most important thing, but it sure poses a challenge in trying to figure out how to manage everything else when you feel that you are always up at the school. Also to help her do better in school, I have moved her bedtime to 7:00. This has been a challenge. I start making dinner while they are in school and then finish when they get home. We have dinner at 5:00 and then start getting ready for bed at 6:00. We also have do homework at this time because I am busily making dinner and Madeline is exhausted from the day at school to do homework any earlier. With all of Madeline's medications and other medical stuff getting her ready for bed is a long and sometimes tedious process. This schedule has been a challenge but we are doing it because I have a lot of help from Heavenly Father; and everyday I am able to see that with Him I can do anything. On the flip side it is nice having 2 of the 3 kids in bed by 7, but getting there sometimes is a challenge. Here are some random pictures that I took with my phone.

1. Anthony and Madeline's school had their run-a-thon to help raise money for their school. Grant and I go and our Madeline's legs so that she can participate. Madeline sits in the stroller and we run along with the kids. At the end of the day I was surprised to hear that Madeline won third place among the girls in her class. It is moments like these that I am glad for a camera phone and more important that I actually remember to take it with me and that it was charged.

2. One afternoon before Spencer's school, I took him to McDonald's for a little Mommy and Son time. I should do this more often. He was beyond excited to be going to McDonald's with Mommy and not having Anthony and Madeline around. I think he was especially excited that we were going inside and not drive thru and that I let him play in their play yard, something I never do. It was fun spending time with him and participating in his excitement.

3. Here is another time that I am glad for phone cameras. While eating lunch with Madeline at the end of the six weeks, the counselor was passing out the awards to those kids that were selected as winners of the virtue for that particular six weeks. The virtue for the first six weeks was responsibility. As a side note, Anthony has received this award every year since Kindergarten. I was glad that I was there to share in his excitement and to be able to snap a quick picture. I have to agree that Anthony amazes me with how responsible and dependable he is.

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Sounds like you are very busy, but a very involved, caring mom! That is wonderful all you are able to do with your kids. You are truly an inspiration. Loved the update!