Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gator-thon


A week after Madeline and Anthony's run-a-thon, it was Spencer's turn at his school. I was a little bit late getting and so he had already started running. Since his class is in the afternoon and the school is finished by then, they had a few fifth grade classes to come out and cheer the preschoolers on and to help them run. As soon as Spencer saw me he ditched the boy that was helping him and wanted him Mommy only. He was also done running and so for the rest of the time I dragged him along and sometime I carried him on my back. There were a couple of rounds that his teachers took his hand and ran with him, Spencer was not too happy about that. He is still a Mommy's boy and when Mommy is around the rest of the world doesn't exist. He wasn't too happy when he learned that after the race I was going to go home and he would have to go back to class, he cried like it was the first day of school. However, I am sure he forgot all about the fact that I left when he saw the snacks waiting for him in the classroom, food always brings a smile and dries up any tears.

No comments: