Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Conference Time!


I know it has been almost a month since General Conference, but better late then never. We love General Conference time in our house, the kids actually get excited to listen to our prophet and leaders. Usually by the Sunday afternoon session they are all conferenced out and are just happy playing together in their rooms. What I love about General Conference is not only the spiritual feasting that we experience but the traditions that we have as a family. The traditions just make the weekend all that more exciting. This year I had great hopes in taking notes and starting the process of our FHE lessons based on the talks that were given; but I got slammed with allergies that turned into a cold or sinus infection. Because of this I was just happy to sitting up right with my eyes open. I was coherent for some of the talks and what I remember I felt that Heavenly Father answered every thing that troubled my heart. I just love that part of conference. I am so glad for the Ensign so I can go back and read and study what I missed during my brain fog.

For Conference our traditions include: 1. We start out the weekend with a trip to the donut shop and getting donuts for breakfast. 2. Getting out the 72 hour kits and updating them. It is during this time that we eat all the previous six months food, which the kids love. 3. Our Conference kits which provide excitement and learning for the kids and allows the parents to listen-a win win situation. 4. Pizza for dinner Saturday night. 5. Movie and desert making while Daddy is at Priesthood Session. 6. Enjoying our desert while Daddy tells us what he learned.

Something else this year that I thought was cute that the kids did was standing every time the prophet entered. I smiled as I sat back and watched them show their reverence and love for the Prophet. I didn't tell them, they did this on their own.

As always, after Conference I feel like I can go conquer the world; and though I was sick and felt like I was dead I was still able to raise my flag and say with excitement "I can do this!"

1 comment:

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

I love your Conference traditions! I felt like mine was a big flop this year. Good thing April will be here before I know it! I LOVE that you put all their papers in a binder. Usually I hand stuff out and then it gets on the floor, or we can't find it or so and so has someone else's....I need to use binders!