Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blue and Gold Banquet


Anthony had his Blue and Gold Banquet with his scout pack a few weeks ago. The pack has a goal for the boys to earn their rank by Blue and Gold time. Grant is Anthony's Den Leader this year and they have been working hard since school started at getting the requirements done for the Webelos badge. Grant was proud to have all eight of his boys earn their Webelos badge. I as Anthony's mom was proud too. Anthony sure loves scouts and I know he is learning a lot of good character building traits that will serve him well when he gets older. It is so refreshing to see him enjoy something that is so important. I love it that he and his Dad get to do it together and that they have memories to build upon with each other. Grant was part in charge of Blue and Gold this year, the decoration and cake side of things. We had to be there early to help set up and decorate so by the time the event actually started the kids were bored and ready to go home. They did good at enduring the award ceremony of all the dens, I think it help that they were able to enjoy lots and lots of cake. By the time we finish with clean up we were tired and glad to see another successful Blue and Gold Banquet complete.

No comments: