Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ms. Joni


When Madeline was put on homebound during the time she had her full leg cast, I was worried about who our homebound teacher would be. You see, when Madeline was in Kindergarten she was homebound for heart surgery. The teacher we were given was not a good match for Madeline and after a few sessions of Madeline crying afterwards, I canceled homebound services. This time I made sure that the powers at be knew that I did not want the same person as last time; I was promised that we would get a different person. Heavenly Father was definitely looking out for us, we were blessed with an angel. I know that in life we cross paths with people who we connect with or consider angels; but we were blessed with more we were blessed with a Kindred Spirit. I felt that way the day Ms. Joni walked in our door. My feeling was later confirmed when Madeline would open up and ask for help. You see Madeline does not ask for help from her teacher at school. There is a block for Madeline between her and asking for help and understanding from her teachers. This has been our struggle since Kindergarten. Heavenly Father knew this as well as my other concerns for Madeline, and because I am his child my concerns were important to Him. He answered my concerns by sending us Ms. Joni.

Madeline and Ms. Joni have an inside saying together and that is SMILE. I am not sure how it all started, but when you tell Madeline to SMILE and huge smile comes across her face along with a sweet little chuckle. I am grateful for this, because when Madeline is having a particularly hard time I just tell her to remember to SMILE and she can't help but smile. Only an angel can have that affect on my child. Though the six weeks are up and Madeline has return back to school, we still are in contact with Ms. Joni and Madeline enjoys our craft times together. I enjoy talking and seeing Madeline comfortable and bonding with someone outside of her family.

This just adds strength to my testimony of the power of prayer and how aware Heavenly Father is of me. He heard my plea, He felt my concern, and He answered. This time there were no tears, but lots and lots of smiles and JOY. I am grateful for the angels that come into my life and that come into Madeline's life. They lift her up, give her strength, and help her to spread her wings and be the beautiful butterfly that she is.

Ms. Joni will never be forgotten and will always be apart of our life and through Ms. Joni we have learned to SMILE and the sweet peace that JOY can bring.

No comments: