
I am not a big Gumbo, rice and red beans kind of person. We have never celebrated Mardi Gra and I really don't know what one does to celebrate. I decided to do our version of Mardi Gra this year. We got some colorful masks and a few beads and some horns for the kids. Grant who loves Jazz music found the perfect CD from his huge collection and we danced around the house blowing our horns and just having fun. The kids all have recorders and they enjoyed playing them. Anthony who is learning the recorder at school serenaded us with O When the Saints go Marching In. I am not sure if that is how you celebrate Mardi Gra, but that is how we did. It was a fun way to conclude the day and to enjoy each others company. We all had fun dancing and playing our music.
No comments:
Post a Comment