Sunday, March 4, 2012

Celebrating Dr. Seuss


I love to celebrate with the kids and as a family we try to celebrate the little things. One of the things that is a tradition for our family is to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday on March 2. In years past we make our own cat in the hat treat with gummy life savers, frosting, and circle crackers. While we enjoy the treats we watch a Dr. Seuss cartoon and read some Dr. Seuss books. This year I decided I was ready for a change to and to do things differently. I thought it would be fun to decorate our office with fun Dr. Seuss colors and food fitting of a Dr. Seuss book. This year on the menu was Green Deviled Eggs with Ham and Turkey sandwiches. Added to this was fruit kabobs (don't really know what book that could come from, but it sounded good and simple). I then added chips to complete the menu. For drink we had strawberry lemonade to represent a Pink Yink in my drink. The kids had a fun treat with crazy straws to enjoy with their drinks, that just seemed fitting for a Dr. Seuss party. With my time mainly devoted to helping Madeline with school and helping her to stay, I didn't go to great lengths to make treats for our party. I just went to the grocery store and bought some yummy bright colored cupcakes and cookies. The kids enjoyed them and they fit right along with the decorations and the fun Dr. Seuss colors. While we ate dinner we all enjoyed watching Horton Hears a Who. It was definitely a fun Friday night party. I am so glad that my kids enjoy Dr. Seuss, there are lots of good lessons to learn from his books.

2 comments:

Lois said...

fun posts. thanks for sharing.

AUNT LOIS

Lee-Ruth-Clark-Cal-Shanna-Haley-Elden said...

Love your blog as always! How did you like Horton Hears a Who? That book is really fun and I've seen the play. It's great all the things you do with your family--something I've commented on so many times, but I love it. You are amazing Sandra!