Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Africa!

Spring Break is this week and with Madeline's health and upcoming surgery we can't go anywhere, so I decided to do a week long stay cation at home. I have planned trips to an Africa Safari, Ireland to celebrate Saint Patrick's Day, South America to visit the Amazon, Greece to experience old fashion olympics, and then on Friday we will rest and plant our garden. The kids are enjoying their trips. I made each kid a book that has activities to do with each of our stops. After our trip there is a snack that fits our destination. Our African Safari we enjoyed animal crackers, Ireland we had green oreo cookies, for our trip to the Rainforest we are having foot loops (Toucan Sam), Greece I am making gold medals out of vanilla waffers and pull apart twizzlers, and for our garden on friday we are having dirt pudding. We also have an afternoon activity to enjoy as well. We had bubble day, we made blanery stones, and I plan on having a day where we can finger paint on some butcher paper covering the kitchen table, and then a day outside enjoying a good game of croquet. The kids seem to be enjoying their break and hopefully they will have lots of exciting things to tell their friends when they get back.



















Our African Safari decor



















This is a fact sheet that I made for Africa; I made the same for each of our other stops as well.



















This is the fact sheet that I made for each of the animals on our African Safari and I made fact sheets as well for each of our rainforest animals.



















These are binoculars that I made for the kids to use on our African Safari to help find our animals.







































































































No comments: