For Family Home Evening one night, I taught a lesson on the Liahona using the pictures from the gospel art kit. Madeline does really well with pictures and pointing things out to her and asking her questions. So using the gospel art kit picture I proceed to tell her about the Liahona. We talked about how the Liahona only worked through faith and obedience. I then got out a Liahona that I made and using batteries to represent faith and obedience we then talk about what faith means and what it means to be obedient. I then demostrate to the children how if we just have faith, the Liahona does not light up, we need to have both faith and obedience for the Liahona to work. We then list things that Heavenly Father has asked us to do in our everyday lives. Afterwards, we did a little compass activity. I had a prize hidden and using the compass and following the directions written the kids were able to find their prize which was our refreshment. The kids really enjoyed the lesson and then were able to learn how to use a compass.

The batteries represent "faith" and one represents "obedience" the light bulb is there to show how when you have both it lights up and points the way. Of course Grant put all this together for me, I just had the wild idea.

A picture of my "Liahona" a large egg that I found at the store. Thankgoodness for Easter time.
No comments:
Post a Comment