




Here are some pictures of us going to China. I did some research on China, showed the kids a map of china as well as an atlas so they can see where we are and where china is. I found are names written in Chinese and had each kid write their name in Chinese. I found what zodiac animal we were, and we made hats with our animal on it. I got some chop sticks and some marshmellows and tried to pick up the marshmellows using chop sticks. The kids's ended up just stabbing them. I set up an area in the living room as an airplane. Grant was the pilot and I was the flight attendant. I took the shopping cart wit a tray on it around giving the kids some herbal tea and fortune cookies. I told them what the time of the day was in China as well as the temp. Since it was snowing, before we got off the plane we bunddled up so we wouldn't get cold. We then went over to a different part of the living room where I had some chinese latterns set up and that is where we did our activitites. The kids had a blast. We are going to do this once a month, go to a different country and learn about it. I also made air plane tickets and had a place for them to check in and I punched their tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment