Sunday, January 27, 2008

FHE Idea for Monday

So we are struggling with obedience in our home, mainly with Madeline. School is a wonderful thing they teach so many good things for our children, one of them is disobedience. Madeline is in a class of six boys and her. I have been to her class and I wonder how the teachers get anything taught. Watching the boys throw things, tell the teachers no, throw fits it is no wonder that Madeline does the same things at home. So I decided to have a FHE lesson on obedience, and to make it fun. I am going to start out by making chocolate chip cookies. My kids love making chocolate chip cookies. However, this time we are not going to follow the recipie. There will be some ingredients that I will exchange for another ingredient that might have either the same color or consistentcy. I may also add more sugar or add to much baking soda; things of that nature. The whole point is that in the end we did not get the chocolate chip cookies that we desired because we did not obey the instructions. I also planned to tell the story using clipart of Nephi getting the brass plates, and then there is a cute ghost story that is about obedience. I found some games called Finch Games where you can download incentive and other charts for a dollar. There is also lots of other fun games for FHE or for Sacrament Meeting. Hopefully this will be a start to helping Madeline see; I know we will repeat this lesson several times, we all forget and need reminders.

No comments: