Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Hinckley FHE

Grant and I thought it would be a good idea to do a FHE lesson on President Hinckley and how the organization of the church works. Yesterday I was telling Anthony about the death of President Hinckley. He was sad and then he told me I don't care if it is President Monson or one of Hinckley's other helpers, I just want a prophet. I asked him who would the next prophet be and he said President Monson, so he already knew who it would be, but I thought a lesson would be a good thing to assure him that Lord will not leave us without a leader/prophet. I went to lds.org and under the newsroom section you can get the pictures of the First Presidency and Apostles. I saved them to my computer and I will print them out and will put them on the wall. We will take president Hinckley down and put Monson and Erying back in their positions of seniority and then talk about the process of selecting the new First Presidency. After that I have a matching game/timeline about President Hinckley's life and then on Byutv.org they have the video of President Hinckley and at the end of the video President Hinckley gives his testimony and I am going to play the video. Since it is on the internet I can scroll down to that specific clip, the hour long movie would bore my kids. Here is the link to the timeline/matching game. Here is also the link to the First Presidency and Apostles pics.
Here is the pic of what I am going to put on the wall.
Hope this will help the kids understand a little more as well help strengthen their testimony of the Prophet and organization of the church.


No comments: