Sunday, January 27, 2008

This Weeks Happenings

Well sorry there are no pictures this week. For the most part our week was quiet and uneventful. On Monday, I came down with a cold and so was not able to do FHE. Grant and I have made a goal not to miss FHE no matter what. We were going to watch a BOM movie and talk about it (I have a website that uses the videos for FHE lessons). Grant thought that Madeline wouldn't sit through a movie, which is probably true. Grant took President Monson's lesson from this months Ensign and got some popsicle sticks and some spare pieces of wood and they made bridges. Elder Monson talks about three bridges that Christ has built to help us return back to him. Obedience, Service and Prayer. As the kids built each bridge we talked about ways we can be Obedient, ways we can Serve, and things we could Pray for. Grant then had a picture of everyone and when the bridge was built we took our pictures and we walked across the bridges back to our Savior Jesus Christ. I thought it was a good last minute lesson and I think it helped the kids see by doing the things He has asked us to do we can return and be back into his presence.

On Thursday, it was my date night with Anthony. He was so excited! We went to the library and had fun reading books and working on being a better reader. While we were on our date, Grant stayed home with Madeline and they had their date at home. They played Twister (Madeline loves that game) and afterwards they made muffins together. On Friday it was Daddy's turn to have a date with Anthony. They watch Star Wars (V), don't know the name. I got pizza and ice cream sandwhiches for them. Anthony enjoyed watching the movie with his daddy and learning more about Star Wars. After the video they played Cars video game on the Playstation.

Saturday was filled with chores and grocery shopping. Madeline has been asking for me to get bananas all week long at the store. She loves bananas but she can't eat them for they make her tummy hurt. Every now and then we buy her some bananas. She was so excited when I came home with some bananas. Madeline's back surgery is still set for Feb 4 and so between now and then we will do whatever it takes and pray that she does not get sick. With Grant and I coming down with colds this week, we are just hoping and praying that Madeline doesn't catch it.

We will keep everyone posted on Madeline's surgery. Thanks for all your prayers, they are sure a strength to our family.

No comments: