








I have included random pictures of the kids.
Anthony is doing great in school. He was tested last week for the gifted and talented program, we are hoping he gets in. He continues to improve on his reading and handwriting. I am amazed at how much he can read and how much he knows how to spell. He has taken off with star wars. He absolutely loves it! He saves up his money from his allowance to buy lego star war ships. He sits down and plays with them for hours. He is able to follow the instructions himself with no help from Grant or I. Anthony loves to talk to me about star wars. I absolutely have no idea what he is talking about. I recognize some of the names and with some of them I can tell you if they are good or bad. However, Anthony loves talking to me about them as if I know what he is talking about. He also enjoys renacting the battles in the living room. It is fun to watch him. We are still working on memorizing the Articles of Faith. It is getting easier because he can read some of them. When we introduce a new article of faith we also talk about what it means. I am amazed at how well he understands the gospel. I love to hear him teach Madeline about the gospel or talk to her about Jesus. Madeline will sit there and say "Oh okay" as if she understands completely what he is saying.
Madeline is enjoying school and has come along way since school has started. She will have back surgery on Feb 4. We went to the doctor over the Christmas break. He asked me how things were going and I told him she needed her rods extended. He asked me how I knew. I told him about my scientific method. I can no longer line her belly button with her button on her pants. He thought my method was pretty good. They are just going to make two little incensions and extend the rod and that is it. So this should be a quick recovery for her. Madeline is adjusting to being in primary. She goes, but not as excitiedly as when she was in nursery. Her teacher was called today to be the new primary president. So for now I am subing as the teacher until they can find a replacement. I am excited. I love making FHE lessons and for me this is like FHE only with more kids. I use Madeline's lesson manual as well as what they learn in sharing time for our FHE lessons. So while I am the sub, Madeline will probably be really excited to go to primary. Madeline loves to play games with her daddy. Her favorite game to play in Twister. She does pretty good. When it is her turn to call out, she always says either right foot or right hand; so Grant and I usually decide which hand or foot is easier to move. Madeline also is a little mommy to Spencer. If she hears him crying she will tell him it is okay Spencer, mommy is coming. She enjoys feeding him (Spencer does not enjoy her feeding him) and she loves to play with him.
Spencer is now sitting up as well as experiementing with table foods. He is still not much for vegetables. He will allow us to feed him one jar of baby food, but if we try to feed him two in one meal he will spit it out. So we usually give him one veg. and one fruit. He is still a happy, big, baby. He loves to be outside and he loves playing with his toys, especially the ones that light up. Right now he has four teeth that are coming in so there are days where he isn't so happy. He just turned 8 months.
I think that is all for now. Grant and I are doing the same things as usual, but having fun.
Anthony is doing great in school. He was tested last week for the gifted and talented program, we are hoping he gets in. He continues to improve on his reading and handwriting. I am amazed at how much he can read and how much he knows how to spell. He has taken off with star wars. He absolutely loves it! He saves up his money from his allowance to buy lego star war ships. He sits down and plays with them for hours. He is able to follow the instructions himself with no help from Grant or I. Anthony loves to talk to me about star wars. I absolutely have no idea what he is talking about. I recognize some of the names and with some of them I can tell you if they are good or bad. However, Anthony loves talking to me about them as if I know what he is talking about. He also enjoys renacting the battles in the living room. It is fun to watch him. We are still working on memorizing the Articles of Faith. It is getting easier because he can read some of them. When we introduce a new article of faith we also talk about what it means. I am amazed at how well he understands the gospel. I love to hear him teach Madeline about the gospel or talk to her about Jesus. Madeline will sit there and say "Oh okay" as if she understands completely what he is saying.
Madeline is enjoying school and has come along way since school has started. She will have back surgery on Feb 4. We went to the doctor over the Christmas break. He asked me how things were going and I told him she needed her rods extended. He asked me how I knew. I told him about my scientific method. I can no longer line her belly button with her button on her pants. He thought my method was pretty good. They are just going to make two little incensions and extend the rod and that is it. So this should be a quick recovery for her. Madeline is adjusting to being in primary. She goes, but not as excitiedly as when she was in nursery. Her teacher was called today to be the new primary president. So for now I am subing as the teacher until they can find a replacement. I am excited. I love making FHE lessons and for me this is like FHE only with more kids. I use Madeline's lesson manual as well as what they learn in sharing time for our FHE lessons. So while I am the sub, Madeline will probably be really excited to go to primary. Madeline loves to play games with her daddy. Her favorite game to play in Twister. She does pretty good. When it is her turn to call out, she always says either right foot or right hand; so Grant and I usually decide which hand or foot is easier to move. Madeline also is a little mommy to Spencer. If she hears him crying she will tell him it is okay Spencer, mommy is coming. She enjoys feeding him (Spencer does not enjoy her feeding him) and she loves to play with him.
Spencer is now sitting up as well as experiementing with table foods. He is still not much for vegetables. He will allow us to feed him one jar of baby food, but if we try to feed him two in one meal he will spit it out. So we usually give him one veg. and one fruit. He is still a happy, big, baby. He loves to be outside and he loves playing with his toys, especially the ones that light up. Right now he has four teeth that are coming in so there are days where he isn't so happy. He just turned 8 months.
I think that is all for now. Grant and I are doing the same things as usual, but having fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment