

Madeline loves to feed Spencer. Spencer does not like it when Madeline's feeds him. She gets the food on the spoon just fine and gets it in his mouth, but she takes a long time to do that and Spencer wants his food NOW!! However, Madeline loves being his mommy, I think Spencer would prefer if she wasn't, but he is being very patient.
Tonight it was Anthony's turn for a date with Mommy. For our date we went to the library, he read some books to me, we checked out some videos, and then we went out to eat. Anthony kept talking to me about what a beautiful day it was and what a great time it was to be with each other. He then ask me about what I did during the day while he was at school, and then he looked at me with his big brown eyes and out of the blue while I was answering his question he said, "I love you," and then he went on with our conversation. Anthony has big beautiful brown eyes and when they are big they can pierce your heart. It was one of those moments that made all the mundane motherhood things worth every penny. After our date while we were eating our treat he then again asked me what he liked most about our date. Anthony looks forward to dates with mommy or daddy. I have made it a goal to do them on a regular basis with Madeline and Anthony.
On the way home from school today, Anthony asked me what I like most about him, Madeline, and Spencer. I was caught off guard because he has never asked such question. Usually he rambles on about this or that about his day or about this character or that character on Star Wars. It was a nice conversation. Today was a day full of the Tender Mercies of the Lord. The Lord giving me a glimpse of the blessings and importance of Motherhood. Sometimes Satan throws doubts in my mind of whether I am doing any good as a mother; but then the Lord blesses me a son that looks up at me with his big brown eyes and says "I love you." I am on a motherhood high and when Satan tries to get in my way, I will remember the blessings of having Anthony, Madeline, and Spencer for eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment