Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools Fun



I wasn't planning on doing anything for April Fools. To be honest it never crossed my mind that it was April Fools. With not being in school, April Fools is just another day. It did cross my mind on whether Anthony would get his first taste with April Fools, but he didn't. I was looking on line for something to make for dinner and on the home page of the website there was a recipies for April Fools. I decided to check it out and I found this recipie. At first I wasn't going to make it. I don't have circle cake pans and meatloaf can take time to make, but then I couldn't resist the expression on Grant's face at dinner time. So I went for it and I was amazed at how fast it was to make. I made them into cupcakes instead and got out my Pampered Chef cake decorator to make the cupcakes look fancy. I didn't have cherry tomatoes, but I did have peas and I arranged them to look like green candies. Grant figured it out pretty quick, but Anthony totally went for it. He even told me that it isn't right to have cupcakes for dinner. He said that he was going to eat his dinner (what he made) first and then have a cupcake. He took a big bite, still thinking they were cupcakes and then he realized that they weren't and that was the end of that. Grant and I thought it was pretty funny. This might be a new family tradition. Here are some pictures of the final product.




1 comment:

britt said...

I'm gunna have to do that sometime... I love it!!!