
Last Sunday after General Conference, Anthony was in the office creating art and when he came out of the office this is what he handed me. For those of you who might not be able to read it, Anthony wrote: "Mommy Anthony loves you, Love Anthony. He then gave me a hug and then said I am so glad that you are my mommy. On Monday, Anthony again was in the office creating art and he came out of the office with a card that said Mommy Anthony love you. On the inside of the card he wrote Thank you for being my mommy. On the back in capital letters he wrote LOVE ANTHONY. He told me he wrote them in capital letters because he really loves me.
Being a mother is a hard job, some would even say it isn't very glamorous, but how many get homemade cards from their children that express their love for. I often think about the Tender Mercies of the Lord and in the ways that He shows His love and mercy for me and Anthony's letter was a Tender Mercy of the Lord. In that split second I was able to see that everything I do is worth it no matter how hard or stressful it is. And despite the days where I feel that I am not being a good mother, Anthony showed me that I am doing okay. I will cherish these notes forever. I have placed them by bed so I can see them every morning and every night and remember the true blessings and joys of my calling as a mother. I wouldn't trade this calling for anything. To be able to stay home with my children everyday and live life with them and watch them grow, is definitely a Tender Mercy of the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment