Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Our Week

This past week really has been uneventful, but that can be a good thing. We enjoyed Conference Weekend, the kids really enjoyed watching conference and were so excited when it was their turn to stand and sustain the prophet. At our house we have conference party, we start off conference weekend by making cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then we get out our 72 hour kits go through them take out the food and put the food in. We then snack on the old food for the weekend. I also put together conference baskets (similar to easter baskets) for the kids with fun quiet activities for them to do. We then get the pictures of all the apostles and first presidency and as they speak we hang their picture up. Usually the kids play with their new activities from their baskets or work on their conference packets, until the prophet speaks. When the prophet speaks all activities are put down and they listen to what the prophet is saying. One time Anthony was busy organizing the apostles and first presidency in order by senority (I know my son can be weird) so Grant and I are thinking that he isn't paying attention, then all of sudden he start talking about what they are saying. Grant and I were surprised! He actually was listening and understood what was being said.


After Priesthood Session I usually ask Grant how it went and what he learned, however this time the kids (Anthony and Madeline) quized him on what he learned. They really got into it and were asking lots of questions. I thought it was neat for them to be asking their daddy what he learned at his meeting and for Grant to share. It turned out to be a nice gospel discussion.


We were going to go camping this weekend, but everywhere in reasonable driving distance are booked. We were finally able to get a camping spot in two weeks, so hopefully it won't rain. Madeline was going to school in the morning with other kids that turned 3. Well her teacher called me and asked if it was okay to move Madeline to the afternoon class with kids who are 4 turning 5. It is a smaller class and they are able to teach more academic stuff. Madeline is so advanced that her teacher felt that by going to afternoon class it would benefit her more. In the morning class the teachers are busy teaching social things which Madeline already knows and they are not able to teach things to help Madeline progress. Madeline started on Monday so this week I have been getting use to a new schedule and Madeline has been getting use to new friends. There are 4 boys in the class and they are all older than Madeline and they act like Madeline's older brothers. There is one boy who loves Madeline and loves to take her hand and walk her to class. He immediately gets off the bus and runs for Madeline to help her to class. In the morning class Madeline was really good friends with one of the students (his name is Anthony). For a long time it was just the two of them in class so they got to be close. She hasn't mentioned his name yet, she probably will when she realizes that she isn't going back to the morning class.


I am training to run a 5K. I am up to a mile and a quarter consistenly and 2 and a half miles total. At times I think I am nuts! It will be fun to cross the finish line (probably last). The kids are going to come with signs to cheer me on, they may be waiting a while. I need to get to three miles by May 3 so I need to cracking. I feel a lot better since I started this and hopefully after it is finished I can continue to run.
Well I feel like I am rambling and making no sense so I will go. Here are some pics for you all to enjoy.

Madeline and Anthony ready to watch Conference
Watching Conference


Conference Breakfast

No comments: