Thursday, July 14, 2011

Anthony's Room


When Grant's parents left for cooler temperatures they decided that they would just go ahead and get their own place. This left us with an extra room. We contemplated doing many things to our extra space from a play room, to a craft room, or even a family room. But in the end we decided to allow Anthony to have his own room, a place where he can build his lego designs without having his brother go through destroying everything to pieces. We let Anthony take the lead in decorating his own room and as each of ideas came true the smile on his face would get bigger and bigger. He has really enjoyed having his own space and has stepped up to the challenge of taking care of his space and being responsible for his things.

I decided to add a special touch to his room. I had Anthony give me a picture of his favorite Star Wars ship and luckily I am married to Super Man he was able to draw it perfectly on paper. From there I added my touch through water color. It was definitely a labor of love but totally worth all the work it took when Anthony saw his picture hanging above his bed. I have enjoyed decorating his room, it has been a fun out let for me. While doing Anthony's room, I have been working on Madeline and Spencer's room. Madeline's Spencer's room is almost ready for picture taking just a few more touches. It has been fun working with the kids in decorating their spaces and helping their personalities comes out through the decor in their room.

No comments: