
Wow it has been a whole month and more since my last post, and things have been BUSY!!. Before the kids got out of school I laid out our summer plans with excitement, had the summer schedule made and I felt really good about our schedule and activities; and then WAM life hit us. This time life did not hit us with any health problems so despite the fact that life has been really busy I can count our blessings that we have all be healthy. Grant at work got hit with two projects at the same time. One of the projects is in Maryland and one here. The project in Maryland takes him away from the project here. Since school has been out Grant has either been in Maryland or working 12 plus hours a day and a few hours on Saturday. I have been busy being a single parent and trying to not only keep up my responsibilities but also Grant's. The kids have been a lot of help as we have all worked together to support Daddy. Anthony has learned to mow the lawn and together we are able to get both lawns mowed. Anthony has done good with keeping the garden watered and together we work on cleaning our above ground pool. I have to admit that things do get a bit lonely around here and at times I want to pool my hair out; but through all that my heart is filled with gratitude because my husband has a job and is working hard for his family. I have been reminded that my Heavenly Father loves me and hears the pleadings of my heart; and most of all I have learned that I have the strength to rise to any challenge. I didn't think I could do this, but with Heavenly Father helping to carry me and the team support of our children I can conquer this challenge. However, don't get me wrong I will be ETERNALLY grateful for when Grant finishes his two projects and can return back to his family.
Now with that all out of the way, lets get on with the title of the post: "Our Little Hawaiian Girl." One of the last projects that Madeline had to do for school was to trace her body and dress herself up as a Hawaiian girl. Madeline really enjoyed this project and though I was a little annoyed that we had a project to do the week before school got out, in the end the project ended up being a lot of fun. My frustration probably was from the fact that I was more ready for school to be out than the kids. Madeline enjoyed going out on a date with her Daddy to find materials to make a "modest" Hawaiian Girl. Madeline and I worked together on the decorating Madeline and putting all the final touches together. This project really pointed out how tiny Madeline is compared to her classmates. In the end Madeline was a really cute and modest Hawaiian girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment