
We arrived at the Lake of the Ozarks on Thursday evening. This was the last stop in our vacation and we were here on the lake to relax and get ready for the journey home and the entry back into the real world. I was able to find a three bedroom 2000 square foot condo for not too much more then a hotel. When we got to our condo the kids went crazy as they went through exploring their new temporary digs. I have never seen more excited kids about a hotel then ours. They began to claim which room was theirs and Grant and I went through opening the various doors stunned by all the closet storage we had. Grant and I looked at each other and said we could comfortably live here. The walk in closet in the Master bedroom is big enough to be considered a small bedroom. I wouldn't know what to do with that much storage at home. Day one at Lake of the Ozarks was spent with shopping (mainly for me) at the outlet malls for a couple of hours. The kids did very well considering it was shopping and enjoyed the snow cone treat at the end. I was able to get a few things for myself and get the kids started in the winter wardrobe. After our shopping exersion it was time for lunch and then off to walmart to get some beach toys and then head to one of the many beaches that surround the lake. After a few wrong turns and a few mishaps in trying to read our map we accidently found ourselves at a beach. Well the beach is no Florida or Carribean beach but the kids were excited to swim in the lake. For it being Madeline and Spencer's first time to swim in a non pool atmosphere. The water was a bit on the dirty side so I cautiously told the kids to keep their mouths shut and not to swallow any of the dirty lake water. I on the other hand do not like to swim in a non pool atmosphere so I was content taking pictures of our kids splashing around in the dirty lake water. Spencer of course enjoyed himself and proudly protested when it was time to leave. Madeline enjoyed floating around going wherever the waves took her. Anthony enjoyed floating out to the bouy and then floating back. Anthony has been working hard on the back float for scouts and the lake was good practice for him. Overall the kids were just excited to be able to swim in the lake that they didn't even notice or seem to care that the water was anything but clear. Oh yeah about the beach, there wasn't a beach so those beach toys that we bought our just Lake of the Ozark souveniors.
These two exersions plus the deathly heat wore use out for the day and we were ready (except for Spencer) to head back to the condo for dinner and a good nights rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment