
Grant is such a wonderful husband and father who works really hard for his family and the kids and I wanted to make something to show our love and appreciation for him. Awhile back I found these bare books where you can order blank books ready for your children to draw and write on. I thought the kids could make a book together telling their Daddy what they mean to them individually. To simplify this project and make it easier on the kids we used the words DADDY to describe what he means to each one.
Anthony:
D: He is the real deal
A: My Dad is awesome
D: I love him very deeply
D: I can depend on him
Y: I love you
Madeline:
D: He goes on dates with me
A: He plays with me anytime
D: He is the best dad
D: He helps make all my dreams come true
Y: I love you
Spencer:
D: He is dedicated to our family
A: He listens to Anaconda with me
D: His desire is for us to be healthy and happy
D: He devotes his time to helping me be a great Spencer
Y: I love You
Now I know that Spencer's answer sound kind of deep for his age well he did have a little help as he sat there with a clueless look on his face when I would ask him want he wanted to write; but I am sure that if Spencer could understand what I was talking about that he would have agreed with everything that I wrote. The kids were also having a hard time coming up with words from DADDY so I went through the dictionary and wrote any word that would be fitting and let them choose from the list to make their sentences. I thought they did a great job.
Well I just didn't want to get Grant a sappy gift, I wanted some humor in it as well. Grant is a hard person to shop for because he has everything that he will really needs which isn't much because he is a simple man; so I really had to think outside of the box. The thought came to me to make him some tie dye pajama pants. I thought the kids would enjoy tie dying and Grant would get a kick out of the pants. First I went to the fabric store and bought plain white fabric to make him his pajama pants. I let the kids come up with the design using rubber bands and I dyed the fabric. My original plan was for them to dye the fabric but being knew to this I didn't think of gloves and the kit only came with one pair. Next time we do tie dying I will remember this so the kids can be able to participate in the whole thing.
The kids were so excited to show their daddy their gifts and I think Daddy was excited to receive them. Grant of course loved the book and got a kick out of the pajama pants; and I am glad they fit him.
We are truly blessed as a family by having Grant in our lives. I couldn't ask for a better spouse who loves me unconditionally and who shows so much patience and charity towards me. I couldn't also ask for a better father, there is nothing he won't do for his children. They are so important to him and you can tell. He is completely hands on and will play with them even if it dress up with his daughter, a star wars battle with Anthony, and a good old wrestling match with Spencer. They get so excited when daddy comes home from work. They meet him at the door and mob him with hugs, such a nice site to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment