Thursday, July 14, 2011

My Sweet Angel is 7


I cannot believe that my Madeline is seven years old. Who knew seven years ago the daughter I gave birth to six weeks early and weighing only 4 pounds would be where she is today full of life, spunk, and personality. Madeline adds so much to our family that I think our family would be rather dull without Madeline's spunky personality. Madeline has a great love for life and she is game to try just about anything. Madeline loves to have fun and enjoy any activity that is presented before her. Madeline loves her family the most and feels most comfortable at home in her room coloring and drawing whatever her imagination leads her. Though Madeline has had her share of health problems and challenges she does not let it get in her way or stop her from enjoying life. She takes all her challenges in stride and just goes with the flow. What I enjoy the most about Madeline is hearing her testimony. She loves to bear her testimony any chance she gets, even in sacrament meeting. She especially loves to bear her testimony about the Resurrection and returning to our Heavenly Father someday. I feel that she has a special love for the Resurrection because of what it means to her; know that there will be an end to her challenges and that one day her body will be whole again. At one time we were talking about the Resurrection and she was asking me questions and I was doing my best to answer. The spirit was so strong during our conversation and then I was prompted to tell Madeline what the Resurrection means to her. I told her that when Christ comes again her heart will be whole and healthy, that she won't be sick anymore, and she won't have any ouchies. Madeline sat there for a moment and with a big grin on her face said "an no more IV's." Yes, Madeline no more IV's. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who allowed his Son to come to earth to not only atone for our sins and burdens but to willingly give his life for us and then to be resurrected on the third day. Because of this love my daughter too will be resurrected and her body will be whole and she will have no more IV's. I look forward to that day where I can share in Madeline's joy and excitement and to tell her you did it; you over came your challenges with grace, strength, determination, and faith.

Madeline is such a simple girl who enjoys simple things. All Madeline wanted to do for her birthday was to go to Build a Bear and have dinner at Golden Corral. Done I can handle that. However, being her mother I wanted to give her a little more. There is nothing that will bring Madeline more joy than her Dad. Madeline and her Daddy are close and have a close and loving relationship. Madeline has won her way into her Daddy's heart and is there to stay, and I think Grant wouldn't want it any other way. Grant was not able to take the day off from work due to his major projects going on, but he was able to take some time to surprise a little girl for lunch on her birthday. We went to Madeline's favorite place to eat Chipolte and there she found her Daddy and boy did her face lit up with excitement. I think it was in that moment that she felt loved on her special day. Later on in the day, Daddy met us at Build a Bear where Madeline was in paradises. With the money given to her by her parents and Grandma Gates, Madeline was able to pick out the perfect bear and the perfect accessories for her growing collection. After our bags were full, it was time to fill our stomachs. During our dinner outing Grandma and Grandpa called to wish her a happy birthday which brought a smile to her face. After our stomachs were full we came home to a pink cake with pink frosting and pink, green, and purple nerds; which was all requested by the birthday princess. I found some bling bling candles that I knew would add the perfect touch to her cake. When it was all said and done, Madeline's cake screamed Madeline as it should. Overall I think Madeline enjoyed her special day and I think she felt loved by her family as we gathered around the table singing Happy Birthday.

We love you Madeline and our eternally grateful that you are apart of our family. You bring so much joy, happiness, and blessings to our family. As your parents we are grateful that you are our daughter for eternity-the best blessing of all!

No comments: