Thursday, July 14, 2011

LegoLand


Legoland recently opened up in our area and the kids, especially Anthony, has been wanting to go since he saw it under construction. I knew that Legoland would be a popular place with kids and could easily get over crowded. With this is mind I thought it would be a good idea to go on the last day of school. The district that our kids our in got out of school a week before any other district. With this knowledge I thought our chances of it not being over crowded were good. I also wanted to further my chances of it not being over crowded by pulling the kids out of school early. Spencer got out of school at 11:00 and since it was the last day of school and they were just playing games I didn't think it would hurt to pull Anthony and Madeline out of school at 11:00. I was pretty proud of my plan and the kids were excited as well. We get to Legoland and my plan of it not being over crowded completely unraveled. I didn't know you could justify having a field trip to Legoland and I want to know what school district/parents have the money to pay for a field day to Legoland. There were kids everywhere, and big kids at that. The parents of course see this as an opportunity to visit with their friends and are not paying attention to what their kids are doing. I panic a little bit because of how easily Madeline can get hurt when you are surrounded by unsupervised kids; but I quickly think we are here and we just need to make the best of it. It was a bit of a challenge to be able to participate in a lot of the hands on activities due to the crowds of kids that seem to have forgotten any decent amount of manners, but when we had a glimmer of hope we took it. The kids were able to build and design their own cars and then take them to a race track to race each other. The kids were also able to build a building in any way they wanted and then push a button that similated an earthquake and see how their building held up. They also had a little theatre that played 10-15 minute cartoons with legos of course and the movies were played in 4D. We saw Bob the Builder and Spencer was in Heaven. In the end Spencer found a slide and it was in heaven and Anthony took Madeline around in the jungle gym doing a good job keeping a close eye on her and helping her when needed. Overall the kids had fun despite the crowd of kids. They also had a few rides but with me being one parent and having two kids that needed to go on the ride with an adult we were not able to do the rides. However, I am sure we will come back and we will probably have Grant with us and then we will be able to go on all the rides.

No comments: