
Madeline successfully finished first grade and boy it was a tough year with lots and lots of health problems. There were a lot of first this year and Madeline accomplished everyone of them with flying colors. We had to work hard, but the important thing was that we made it and in the end was able to receive the A honor roll certificate. This year the first graders did their award ceremony in the individual classrooms, so it was a little more personal then if they did them all together. Again a video was done of their favorite memory and what they liked about first grade. Madeline's voice is quiet and it is really quiet when she is on camera, but the important thing was she did it and didn't shy away from the camera. Luckily for us and our posterity Madeline's teacher typed up what each child said. I don't think I really listened to Madeline's video, I was more thinking about my little girl who came into the world fighting at such a small size and now still a little girl who doesn't have to fight so hard and just accomplished first grade with all A's. Madeline is really amazing! It is neat to walk beside her watching her accomplish all her accomplishments in life knowing how hard she fought to get here and to be where she is today. I am so grateful for a caring and understanding first grade teacher who took the extra time Madeline needed and met her wherever she was. I am also grateful for caring principles and staff and her school who make the school environment work for Madeline and allow Madeline to take the lead when it comes to school. Without this first grade might have just floundered. Congratulations Madeline, you are definitely a superstar! You made it through first grade and now the adventures of second grade await you!
No comments:
Post a Comment