
It has been extremely hot here in Texas, makes you sure miss the weak of snow and ice we had earlier this year. With all of Madeline health issues, being outside in this heat is not an option; and frankly who would want to be outside in 107 degree temperatures. It seems that all there is to do in the summertime here is water activities and we are getting pretty burned out with water parks and pools. I was discussing with my friend about what activities to do with the kids while their Daddy was out of town on business and she came up with the brilliant idea of taking the kids to the pottery place. Brilliant idea I thought. The kids love it there and best of all it is indoors. This time I was feeling a little generous and allow the kids to each pick their own piece of pottery to paint and I just helped them. Madeline and Anthony really got into the project with color schemes and all; and well Spencer he was just out to see how many layers of paint he could safely put on top of each other. By the end lets just say that Spencer had a very colorful Lightening McQueen or "race car" as he calls it. After our painting outing we went out for lunch and then quickly came back home to our nice cool house.
That night we Daddy called to talk to the kids they each were all excited to tell their Daddy about the fun day they had painting. I am so glad that we went; it was a good time had by all.
No comments:
Post a Comment