Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lake of the Ozarks Day Two


Day two and our final full day on the lake found ourselves being lazy and enjoying a slow and simple life in our nice and spacious condo. For the two week vacation we have had jammed packed days full of lots of fun adventures and Grant and I were ready to just sit and be still; to use the time to relax and gear up before our long drive home and back to reality. Madeline and Spencer enjoyed painting pet rocks, Grant and Anthony enjoyed time watching the original Tron movie, and I enjoyed a relaxing morning on the padio overlooking an amazing view listening to Mormon Tabernacle Choir while updating the blog world about our amazing vacation. At one point all the kids were watching tv in their own rooms, but the kicker was they were all watching the same show but they each had a remote that they could control. Grant and I thought that was really funny that the kids would get a good kick out of the fact that they had their own tv with their own remote. They didn't care that they were watching the samething, it was all about the remote. Too bad that in reality they will not have their own tv in their rooms, the kids are lucky enough to have their own rooms. After spending half the day relaxing and just lounging around we emerged from our condo for lunch. After lunch the kids went off with Grant to try one of the 7 pools here and Mommy enjoyed a nice relaxing nap. Though we didn't do anything amazing and didn't see something spatacular I enjoyed this day the most. It was nice to slow things down rest and relax and spend time doing the simple things. However, all great things have to come to an end. After all the fun and the relaxing time we had it was time to pack the car and to get ready to leave early in the morning.

This vacation has been a blast and I am so glad that we took the two weeks to be together as a family. I feel that lots of memories were made and that great times were held by all. I am so glad that for two weeks there was nothing in our way or nothing to distract us from spending time together as a family. Getting back to reality will be hard, but I will count my blessings at being able to take the vacation that we did and to be able to give the kids a magical and memorable summer. We were able to see lots of new and different country and we were able to learn and be edified along the way. This vacation is just what the doctor ordered. And this is one doctor orders that I was glad to follow.

No comments: